Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Getting Crafty - a Big Pillow for my Comfy Chair!

Now that I have a sewing room again, I can widdle down those projects that accumulate. This outdoor pillow was one of them.  I had a bunch of  denim I had been saving and wanted to try a new quilt technique on a smaller scale before I make a park quilt out of the denim.  BTW: I flipped the milk can upside down for a side table until I put a top on it right side up - but that's a different project.






I recycled some worn denim and cut 5 inch squares. Then I assembled the pattern - alternating design with faded.  I designed it for my papasan deck chair so it's not such a deep sink. One side is seam out and fringed (like a pair of cut-offs), the other side is seam in and smooth. Once the top and bottom were pieced, I sewed the case and gave it a washing in order to fringe the one side. It turned out great!
                                                          


Now I can sit in my super comfy chair and look at this:



No comments:

Post a Comment