Monday, August 11, 2014

Mystery Plant Monday


Today's post is an update on all things in the garden, although I do have a mystery or two to solve there as well. I can hardly believe that these are my hydrangeas. Love this plant! I have two varieties: the top is a vibrant violet purple, the bottom is a beautiful sky blue with creme centers. Nature is amazing for sure!


 Now for the rest of the garden tour . . .

First, blueberries. They have only had one year to grow, but we got a small handful of berries. So big and juicy and full of yumm! Not enough to do anything with besides pop 'em in your mouth and enjoy. 
 
I will be doing some research on these critters to see that I have them  in the best location or whether the limited growth is just that they were from very young start and they need a couple years to get going.  Well worth the wait though!

Above is a side view of raised bed - tomatoes on the left, and that's pickle cuke vine on the right! Apparently I can grow tomatoes - they are huge and covered with the divine fruit. 
Wall o' roma tomatoes - salsa anyone?!

trying to grow hot peppers in PNW - we will see. 
My first pickle cucumber! It looks like I should have 6 or more before the weather turns. 


Walking around the box I discovered THIS - leaning wall o tomatoes. I got busy and didn't thin when I should have, so I have wall o tomato made of romas, heirlooms, and better boy. 

Look at the future yumminess!






Now for the mystery. I have NO idea what happened but here are my carrots. Weird, huh. 


Last, but not least . . . 
the hills are alive with blackberries - quite literally. 

 Taste test confirmed - tart, juicy, and ready for jam! If I only had minions to pick them  . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment